Ankura is a team of excellence founded on innovation and growth.
This position supports the Data & Technology practice – one of seven practices focused on client delivery services across the Firm
Ankura’s Cybersecurity and Privacy Practice is a full-service suite of cybersecurity and privacy solutions, regardless of industry or size.
Our global team of over 100 professionals includes former federal law enforcement personnel, in-house security experts, Big 4 consultants, federal regulators, threat intel and dark web experts, etc. We have helped clients and partners for 10+ years across industries and geographies with the following services:
- Incident Response, Intelligence, and Investigations.
- End Point & Managed Detection & Response.
- Technology, Privacy, and Cyber Risk Advisory.
The EMEA Cybersecurity & Privacy practice is growing and has ambitions to expand its capabilities from a strong base in incident response, intelligence and investigations into additional proactive security and managed detection & response services.
Why Join Ankura
- Have the opportunity to get involved with both Proactive and Reactive work.
- We can support and develop individuals who aspire to be an expert.
- Vast opportunities for career development, with a formal development process, training programmes and the internal e-learning training platform, Ankura Academy.
- Work with a collaborative environment, whereby our professionals have the freedom to innovate which promotes curiosity, learning and communication.
- Respond to cyber incidents reported by clients
- Manage cyber incident responses and incident response teams
- Lead cyber investigations
- Understanding of incident analysis workflow and tools
- Quality control reviews of team members deliverables and work processes
- Perform project management and engagement risk management activities
- Support financial management of individual projects and cyber incident response team
- Manage time, tasks and resources to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Lead client communications, both written and oral, throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Significant experience at Manager level within management consulting and the Incident Response space
- Able to communicate effectively and concisely with high level management and C-suite clients on a frequent basis
- Adept in setting up new engagements to support clients in responding to incidents
- Capable of managing both short term and long-term projects
- Understanding of engagement risk
- Experience of managing teams and performance management of individuals
- Ability to identify opportunities within existing and potential clients
- Experience working with non-Windows systems (such as Linux, Unix, Mac)
- Scripting/programming experience (specifically Python, C#, VBA, or Powershell)
- Experience working in a consultancy environment
- Strong desire to work in a team in a collaborative environment to achieve common goals
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Passion for Cyber Incident Response, and a desire for continuous improvement in expertise
- Ability to correlate events from multiple sources to create a timeline analysis across end points of an incident
- Understanding of how to leverage existing security applications and appliances to address a compromise or malware/ransomware outbreak
- Experience working with Enterprise networks
- Understanding of mitigation and clean-up strategies
- Proficient in log analysis of multiple types
- Ability to analyse complex network packet captures
- Understanding of memory, how to capture, data available and analysis skills
- Understanding of how to take malware apart from a virtual machine, dynamic malware analysis, and reverse engineering perspective
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Cyber Security, or related field
- Ability to travel (including occasional international travel) at short notice.
- Available to be on-call 1 in 4 weekends each month
Ankura is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where mutual respect and collaboration is paramount. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.