Cubic Transportation Systems
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using the current programming language and technologies provide creative, thorough and practical solutions to a wide range of technical problems.
- Share technical expertise within the department and other departments as requested.
- Analyse and contribute to system and subsystem requirements specifications and design definitions.
- Design, develop and test of applications and programs to support the company’s products.
- Design, develop and test software programs following established quality standards and in accordance with internal engineering procedures including coding, unit testing, peer reviews and software configuration control.
- Complete high and low level detailed software design specifications, storyboards and interface specifications.
- Provide support of products through conception to product delivery including problem solving, defect maintenance and support to customer services (which may require out of hours support in certain circumstances).
- Prepare reports, manuals, procedures and status reports.
- Provide training and guidance to other team members.
- Supports the bids and proposal and customer variation requests.
- Keeps abreast of improvements and developments within software engineering, supporting continuous improvement within engineering.
- Comply with Cubic’s values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular, comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field or equivalent professional experience or combination of both.
- Master’s Degree in computer science or related discipline or equivalent qualification/experience.
- Certification in a relevant programming language or framework.
- Certified Scrum Master.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of CTSL products/industry or similar is desirable.
- Experience in Software Engineering with a proven track record of specification, design and development.
- Demonstrable experience of defining test plans and test data requirements.
- An effective problem solver with the ability to understand and resolve complex issues.
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging applications.
- Organised with the ability to prepare reports, manuals, procedures and status reports.
- Experience of Object Oriented Design (e.g. UML) and implementation, along with Design patterns.
- Ability to contribute to the development of the architecture for applications.
- Experience of maintaining and improving coding standards.
- Able to build reusable code and libraries, ensuring thorough application documentation for future use.
- Experience of software best practices such as Automated Testing (Google Test and VSTest), Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, SOLID and Clean Code principles.
- Scrum or Kanban experience. GIT and Jenkins experience.
- Desirable to have BitBucket and Conan experience.
- Experience using DOORS, Test Rail and JIRA
- Experience working with test teams to optimise application performance.
- Experience working in a similar industry.
Java Embedded development experience requirements:
- Proficient Java experience.
- Delivered highly functional, performance-driven, user-friendly applications.
- Proficient client-side development experience.
- Experience in developing multi-threaded applications.
- Experience with REST, JSON & web services.
- Experience using a crash reporting solution.
- Experience of debugging on target hardware.
- Experience with MQTT
- Experience with CANBUS
One of the following mandatory platform skills:
- Linux developers need
- Proficient skills in CLion or Eclipse.
- Linux-specific UI / UX concepts should be understood.
- A deep understanding of the nuances of the Linux (Debian) platform.
- Experience with Valgrind.
- Efficient memory management experience.
- Efficient usage of disk IO experience.
- Experience writing simulators and test harnesses.