Individual employers may set any entry requirements but these may typically include:
- Be aged 16+ at the time of enrolment
- Be a UK or European Economic Area (EEA), or have lived in the UK or EEA for the past three consecutive years
- Not already be in full-time education at the point of enrolment
- Not already hold a qualification at the same level or above in the same area that you wish to study
- Apprentices without level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths or an equivalent certificate will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end point assessment.
What apprentices will learn?
The Practice Manager is responsible for managing all non-clinical aspects within a specified practice/s to achieve excellent patient care, quality, cost and delivery performance in line with practice strategy, goals and values. The Practice Manager leads the team by providing support and direction to enhance performance, skills and knowledge of all practice staff.
The Dental Practice Manager apprenticeship requires development of the following professional behaviours, skills and knowledge:
|Knowledge||The practice manager will have knowledge of:|
|Human Resources||Policies, procedures and processes for:
|Patient Care||Clinical frameworks, guidelines and processes for:
|Marketing||The market within which the practice operates with regard to:
|Risk Management||Legal and ethical requirements set out by external regulators with particular reference to:
|Quality Assurance||A Registered Manager’s responsibilities to:
|Finance||How to collect, use, interpret and report relevant financial data to: – establish budgetary & production targets
|Dental Industry||Requirements for:
|Skills||The practice manager will be able to:|
|Leadership skills||Lead (in non-clinical matters) and motivate the practice team effectively by:
|Management skills||Organise efficient operational practice systems by:
|Communication Skills||Communicate effectively with internal/ external stakeholders (senior management, patients, team, dental reps, colleagues, third parties) when:
|Behaviours||The practice manager will demonstrate:|
|Ethical||Integrity and moral leadership
Commitment to the General Dental Council Standards for the Dental Team
|Professional||An approach which is fair, equitable and credible
Reliability with high standards
A commitment to excellent customer service Effective time management and self-management Willingness to help others as required, e.g. on reception
|Reflection and Self Awareness||
Typically, this apprenticeship will take 24 months
Outcomes of this standard include:
- Level 4 Qualification – Certificate in Leadership & Management
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end point assessment.
This is an entry level role which provides the foundation knowledge, skills and experience for progression into a number of career paths including Practice Manager, Area Manager and Regional Manager leading to Senior Management roles.